There are so many indicators of developments listed below. All that affect economic development.
A. Agriculture Development
Agriculture development can notes the ‘quality of funcationing og agricultural system’ of a region in term productivity, diversification, commercilization, ecological balance etc.
- Cultivated land per agricultural worker.
- The intensity of cropping.
- The intensity of irrigation.
- Consumption of fertilizer per hectare of net area sown.
- The area under HYV is a percent of the cropped area.
- Tractor per thousand hectors of net area sown.
- Irrigation pumping set thousand of net area sown.
- Agriculture production per agriculture worker, per cultivar, or per hectare of net area sown.
B. Industrial Development
“Industrial development can not quality of functioning of the regions industrial system in terms of size, structure, organisation, location pattern and its impact on the enviornment.”
- The number of functional industrial units/lakh per population.
- The number of functional factories/100 km2
- Percentage of the industrial worker to total worker.
- Percentage of share of the industrial sector in the total revenue of the region.
- Workers, investment, and production in large-scale and medium-scale industries.
- Percentage of workers in registered and unregistered factories.
- Percentage of production in registered and unregistered factories.
C. Social Development
It includes eductional, health and aransport and communication development.
- Education – i) No. of the educational institute of various levels per 100 sq km. ii) No. of the educational institute of various levels per 1000 population.
- Health – i) Medical institutes/lakh population. ii) Villages having hospitals and dispensaries as a percentage of total villages.
- Communication and Transportation – i) Post office per hundred sq. km area. ii) Post office of per lakh population.
D. Demographic Development
- Percentage of the urban population of the total population.
- Percentage of literate population of the total population.
- Percentage of primary sector workers out of the total population.
- Percentage of nonprimary sector workers out of the total population.